SO HI LLC
11411 Southern Parkway
Las Vegas, Nevada 89141
Information we collect and how we use it
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as SO HI search. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
* Information you provide – When you sign up for a SO HI newsletter or other SO HI service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain services, such as our advertising programs, we also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other SO HI services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
* Log information – When you access SO HI services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. Also, in order to protect you from fraud, phishing, and other misconduct, we may collect information about your interaction with our services. Any such information we collect will only be used to detect and prevent fraud or other misconduct.
* User communications – When you send email or other communications to So HI, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
* Links – SO HI may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, overall usability and customized content.
* Providing our services to users, including the display of customized content;
* Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
* Ensuring the technical functioning of our site; and
* Developing new services and content.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some So HI features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case SO HI may not be able to provide those services to you.
SO HI only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of SO HI in the following limited circumstances:
* We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
* We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of SO HI, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular link. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
We restrict access to personal information to SO HI employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use SO HI services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information.
SO HI LLC
11411 Southern Parkway
Las Vegas, Nevada 89141
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is SO HI policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between SO HI and an individual.